Funding homeopathy research & treatment
- In the United Kingdom, 0.0085% of the medical research budget is spent on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).1
- From the total NHS drug budget of £11 billion a year, £152,000 (0.0013%) is spent on homeopathic prescriptions,2 providing approx. 40,000 prescriptions a year.
- Out of the total NHS budget of £100 billion a year, £4 million (0.004%) is spent on Homeopathy.3
- Lewith GT. Funding for CAM. BMJ, 2007; 335 (7627): 951 | PubMed
- Science and Technology Committee ‘Evidence Check 2: Homeopathy’ HC 45 | Link
- Freedom of Information Act request to the Department of Health by the Faculty of Homeopathy. Cost was £11.89 million between 2005 and 2008.
- Faculty of Homeopathy | Link